| Rogue River Outfitters
Planning Your Rogue River Fishing Trip
I don't know about you, but for us one of our favorite parts of any vacation is the planning for it. To give suggestions just how to do that for a Rogue River Canyon Fishing Trip is tough to do. We can recommend things to bring, ways to be prepared for the trip, as you will see below. But in addition I do suggest getting your group together before the trip to discuss, reading a little about the history of the Rogue, or even visiting our blog on occasion to catch the latest updates of the season all of this ads to the anticipation of this great trip.
These steps are designed to make your trip run as smoothly as possible.
STEP 1: Enclosed you will find a release from, please read sign then fax or mail back to us. Everyone that goes one the river with Rogue River Outfitters must sign this release form.
STEP 2: We will make arrangements for your car to be shuttled from Grave Creek. Your car on day 3 will be down river at the take out location at Foster Bar. Please bring payment of $100. in cash or check form to the morning put in. Tina will collect info then. If your group is interested in a van shuttle please contact Sharon McCall, 541-479-1042 www.affordableshuttles.net before you arrive for your trip.
STEP 3: Pack your luggage as directed on the attached "Things to Bring List." Your luggage will be repacked in waterproof bags so please follow directions. Excess luggage will be left behind.
STEP 4: Arrive in Grants Pass or Merlin, Oregon the night prior to your scheduled departure. We have attached a list of Lodges and Motels recommended to make your stay more enjoyable.
STEP 5: After breakfast at a restaurant of your choice you will drive to the Galice Resort (unless you are staying at The Galice Resort or Morrison's, See map enclosed) Driving time from Grants Pass is 45 minutes. Arrival time at parking lot is 7:00am. Meeting time at Grave Creek is 7:30am. See attached map. Again if you're staying at Morrison's go ahead and make your shuttle arrangements through the lodge.
We will make arrangements for your car to be shuttled from Grave Creek. Your car on day 3 will be down river at the take out location at Foster Bar. Please bring payment of $100. in cash or check form to the morning put in. Tina will collect info then. If your group is interested in a van shuttle please contact Sharon McCall, 541-479-1042 www.affordableshuttles.net before you arrive for your trip
Affordable Shuttles: 541-479-1042
If you happen to be staying at Morrison's Rogue River Lodge, please feel free to inquire about their shuttle service that is available.
We recommend having your car driven to the take out point (Foster Bar). If you have a large group you may want to inquire about van shuttle service. We usually arrive at Foster Bar, the take out point at 2:30- 3pm. At the end of the trip you will have the option of driving over the mountain to the Grants Pass area or continuing to the Oregon's Treasure of the South Coast, Beautiful Gold Beach where you can enjoy fishing, hiking, or beach combing.
Drift Trip-Things To Bring List
- 2 Changes of cloths ( combined lodge and fishing attire ) *
- 1 Warm Jacket or layered warm clothing (for temperature variations 50-30 degrees)
- 1 Pair of shoes for Lodges (tennis shoes etc)
- 1 Pair of Waterproof boots ( for stepping in water )
- 1 Set of QUALITY RAINGEAR ( pants, jacket, hat )
- Sun glasses and holder to prevent loss
- Greaseless sun screen ( non scented ) **
- Small Flashlight ( max. size, 2 D cell batteries )
- Personal toilet items
- No Hair Dryers ( wrong electric current )
- Camera & Film in waterproof bag
- Liquor & mix ( plastic is preferred )
- Maximum two six packets of iced down or cold beverages per person, there will be a cooler at the launch for your use. We recommend you purchase these beverages when you arrive at Galice Store, as beverages need to be cool when you arrive at launch. We will provide water, lemon-aid and a variety of sodas on hand
- OREGON FISHING LICENSE AND STEELHEAD TAG
- All fishing tackle is provided ***
Duffel bags will be repacked in special 12 x 36 Waterproof duffel bags. EXCESS LUGGAGE AND SUITCASES WILL BE LEFT BEHIND. Pack no more than 15 lb. per person. No suitcases are allowed! Remainder of items will be transferred to take out point.
We suggest packing clothing items in plastic zip-lock bags and then into the waterproof duffel.
We advise advance reservations at a Grants Pass, Oregon lodging facility the night prior to your put in date. We have listed what we feel are a few lodging sights that we have good luck with. All have pools and are air conditioned.
- September trips are warmer, summer outfits and swimsuits are a good idea. Nylon jacket, shirt, shorts and / or pants.
- October trips maybe cooler, so you will want warmer coat, long sleeve shirts, short's and/or pants.
- Greasy and scented sunscreens will attract bugs.
- If you have a quality fishing system you may bring one rod per person. Please allow the guide to help decide if it is the correct system for your trip.
MORRISON'S LODGE: 1-800-826-1963 Highly recommended and offer a wonderful atmosphere. They will deliver you to the put in. Inquire about the shuttle service they offer, if you'd like.
GALICE RESORT: 1-541-476-3818 Bed & Breakfast-House-, very close and convenient RIVERSIDE MOTEL: 1-800-334-4567 OR 541 331-4567 Located in Down Town Grants Pass, along the upper Rogue River, centrally located with restaurant on premise.
QUALITY DINNER HOUSES:
Backroad Grill: 541-476-4019
EL Paraiso: 541-474-1506
If you need information on Bed & Breakfast or other area business in the Grants Pass Area contact the Grants Pass Chamber at 1-800-547-5927.
For those of you who intend to stay around the area after your trip, I might suggest traveling 45 minutes from take out to the small town of Gold Beach, Oregon. Located on HWY 101 just 40 miles north of the California-Oregon boarder. Where you can fish, hike, or beach comb.
If you have further questions please feel free to call.
Craig & Tina Hughson
Rogue River Outfitters